National Radio Project is an independent, nonprofit production company supported by the generosity of thousands of individuals and small foundations.
Making Contact, produced by National Radio Project, is an award-winning, 29-minute weekly magazine/documentary-style public affairs program heard on over 200 radio stations in the USA, Canada, South Africa and Ireland.
Making Contact is committed to in-depth critical analysis that goes beyond the breaking news. Showcasing voices and perspectives rarely heard in mainstream media, Making Contact focuses on the human realities of politics and the connections between local and global events, emphasizing positive and creative ways to solve problems. Making Contact is FREE to noncommercial stations. We feature:
– In-depth reports on political and social issues, trends and events, contributed by journalists from around the globe.
– Ordinary people talking about how public policy affects their daily lives, families and communities.
– Speeches by social activists and advocates share a vision of a better world.
– Special mini-series, such as Peace and Real Security and ElectionWatch ’04.
– Most shows have a 3-month shelf life, and many documentaries are “evergreen” – can be played any time.
– Four years of archived programs available via web or CD.
- Thursday - 9:00 am - 9:30 am