A radio program featuring international and national news, expert guests, policy makers, and critics offering analysis and insight on national security, foreign and domestic policy, political, cultural, and social issues.Five days a week, Background Briefing asks knowledgeable and thoughtful experts to explain the complexities behind major news stories in long-format interviews.Background Briefing goes far beyond the headlines and deep under the radar to bring forward truths unheard elsewhere in American media.
5.18.17 Background Briefing’s Ian Masters interviews John Dean, the former Counsel to President Nixon and Associate Deputy Attorney General of the United States. The best-selling author of “Conservatives Without Conscience” who is now an analyst on CNN, he joins us to discuss the comparisons now being made to Watergate and Trumpgate and Trump’s propensity to make things worse for himself by attacking the press, the CIA, the FBI, James Comey and now Robert Mueller. We also look into the possibility that Trump will make a terrible choice by appointing the Republican’s favorite Democrat, former Senator Joe Lieberman as the next Director of the FBI and how that will be received at the FBI and within the Department of Justice.
- Wednesday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Friday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Monday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Thursday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday - 2:00 am - 3:00 am Encore Presentation
- Wednesday - 2:00 am - 3:00 am Encore Presentation
- Thursday - 2:00 am - 3:00 am Encore Presentation
- Friday - 2:00 am - 3:00 am Encore Presentation